program that draws circuit diagrams

zag253

Joined Sep 22, 2009
is there any software available that I can input an expression, specify what kind of gates i want to be implemented, and have it create a circuit diagram with those characteristics?

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
is there any software available that I can input an expression, specify what kind of gates i want to be implemented, and have it create a circuit diagram with those characteristics?
Sure, why not try LTSpice. Just go to Linear Technology's homepage and on the left side of the page you'll see an icon noting "LTSPice'. I think you might have to be a member to download it though.

zag253

Joined Sep 22, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I'm not that familiar with the software, as I am just beginning to learn about this stuff. Where would you input the expression?

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Try cedar logic. You don't input the logic expression, but you literally pick from a catalog of gates and it draws them. Its not hard to go from x'+y to an OR gate with 2 inputs and a NOT gate connected to X. You should be able to do that anyway. Its important.

Its an actual simulator so you can check if your design works also, and use a timing diagram to see what the output looks like vs the input. And you can do much more. Just mess with it.

Try it out. Its free (can't beat that)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cedarlogic/