Professional Bodies for Electrical Engineering

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Dave, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Thread Starter Retired Moderator

    Nov 17, 2003
    Hi all,

    In Britain, we have the Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) which is a technical professional body for engineers in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering fields. (The IEE will probably soone become the IET after a merger with the Institute of Incorporated Engineers).

    In the US, there is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) which essentially performs the same functions as the IEE except for the US.

    However, I'm not sure what the situation is around the world; what pofessional bodies do people from countries, other than the Britain and the US, subscribe to? Do they join one of the above institutions, or are there equivalent such organisations in other countries?

    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

  2. kubeek


    Sep 20, 2005
    I didn´t understand what any of the bodies does, so i can´t tell how it is in my country.