Problems in Ultrasonic Motion Detector

puneetnick007

Joined Aug 19, 2009
Hello Friends,

I am currently doing my engineering in electronics and in my final year now. I undertook project on Ultrasonic Motion Detector. Please guide me where i can find the complete circuit for this project.

I have found some stuff regarding it but its creating a doubt on me. I searched the circuitry on this project and found out this file:

http://web-ee.com/images/UltrasonicMotionDetector.pdf

But then this blog created alot of doubt in my mind
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/general-electronics-chat/40987-ultrasonic-motion-detector.html

Here the user has made the circuitry explained in the pdf file but isn't able to work it out. Once i start my project I wont be able to change it later and my grades will be effected if the project doesn't works. Please help me in designing this project.

I will be very very thankfull to you if i can have some piece of advice and knowledge shared from you. If anyone has made this project please tell me the circuitry for it.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The LM324 has some limited specs.
You could try a TL084 instead.(see datasheet).
Can you measure if the transmitter is working?
The signal on the pins 2 and 4 of the 4049 should be in counterphase with the pins 10,12 and 15.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS I do not answer questions in PM's, it breaks the open mind of the forum.

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Are you allowed to copy an old circuit instead of designing your own circuit for your final year in electronics?
Will an electronics company hire a copy-cat "engineer"?

puneetnick007

Joined Aug 19, 2009
I am not coying the project. I want to design it first on the pcb and then wanna make adjustements. Like the detector has only a range upto 7-8 metres. I will increase that range and will make a better transmitter. Then the alarm can be modified in a better way. All this stuff can only happen when i first design the mother detector.