Problems encountered using AVR

loverco

Joined Oct 1, 2013
Hi,

I hope that someone understand my situation and lend me a helping hand.

I have encountered problems using the software AVR as I am unable to type anything inside the source window. Another problem that I faced is that the default COM PORT that the software requires is set as 9. However, I discovered that COM PORT 9 is already in used and available COM PORT only starts from 23 onwards.

Please help me!!!
:confused:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Could you elaborate on what software you are using?
AVR refers to a family of microcontrollers made by Atmel.
Which company created the software?
What is the full name of the software?

loverco

Joined Oct 1, 2013
Hi,
I am really appreciated for the replies.
Let me briefly explain about my situation right now, I am actually using iRobot Roomba 4400 to connect with a thermal sensor. However, I could not figure them out as I had already followed the manual from iRobot Create.
Regarding the software, I understand that I will need to type the coding into the programmers notepad [WinAVR] and let it runs. I have been trying to apply custom codes and send for testing but nothing happens.
Anybody has any idea?

abhaymv

Joined Aug 6, 2011
Programmer's Notepad should open a text area where you can type the code. If there is no text area, click on File->New. I'm assuming that you're doing your programming in C. If so, you can select C/C++ from the options list. After you time your code, it is very important to create a MakeFile before you click Tools->[WinAVR] Make All
To create a makefile, you use the MFile program that comes with WinAVR toolchain. Set the main file name (without the .c extension), MCU type, Programmer, and Port options under the menu.
After selecting the necessary options, save the makefile in the same folder that contains the C/C++ file. Do not change the name of the makefile.
Hope it helped. :)

loverco

Joined Oct 1, 2013
Hi,

Well, from the manual itself, the instruction has already asked me to put the "input.c", "makefile" and "oi.h" as to create a new project including these three. And I don't see the Mfile program as well. :/

loverco

Joined Oct 1, 2013
I would like to clear my doubts regarding the programmer's notepad 2. After I input my coding into programmer's notepad 2 and I "Make All" and "Program" it. However, I need to retrieve a string of temperatures in a command prompt but there isn't any. I am wondering how should I get the string of temperatures?

loverco

Joined Oct 1, 2013
Hi,

I have questions regarding how the D6T Omron thermal sensor communicate with the WinAVR software. I have tried to follow the instructions from the iRobot Create manual. (as I'm currently working with iRobot)However, I used the Omron D6T sensor codes and insert them onto the programmer notepad. After input the codes, I also have edit the Makefile. After which, I click "Make all" and "program" but there seems to be no reaction while running the iRobot.

I suppose to have collected some temperature string/data on the command prompt but nothing comes out.

I don't know what is happening, someone please help me?! :cry:

Thank you. :)