Problem writing/reading to Micron Flash Mem MT29F16B using MSP430

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
HELLO everyone,
I am trying to write and read into a Micron Flash Mem MT29F16B... using MSP430F2419 uC. initially i woudl like to write only 1 byte to the flash mem on a 400khz clock source...
i am following the routines given in the datasheet for cmd, addr, and data in/OUT:

however, when i read data from the Flash, i see only FFh at the input port of the uC. I checked the voltages on the Data lines of the Flash Mem, and they were reading 3.3V.

Can any one please suggest me what could be the problem in this??? any help would be greatly appreciated

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
hello everyone, I would like to update a little bit on this problem. i have tried to implement the Nand_ReadID() wherein i read the Identification code of the Nand FLash that is programmed from the manufacturer.
I shuld be reading an ONFI code(ONFI is the ASCII values for the hex values been read) for the NAND FLASH if I am trying to read the code from an address 0x20.

However, I am reading a shifted code... NOFI.... can anyone please suggest me why I would be experiencing this problem?