Problem with TL081

javi1991

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Hey there, I'm trying to test the TL081 opamp model I downloaded for LTspice IV, so I made a simple summer circuit as shown on the pic.
The problem is also shown in the pic, Vin/off seems to be very large and therefore the circuit just doesn't work (I expect Vs to be 3+2=5 V but I'm getting -51 V). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Well, thanks for the answer... but it's still happening the same thing, as you may see. Maybe I'm still having something wrong there?

Hi,

Strictly speaking that's not really a summing circuit.

To make it a summing circuit I think you need R1=2k, and another 1k from the non inverting terminal to ground.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Thank you very much, maybe there was something wrong with my model... I tried the same with a TL082 and worked!
Check the pinout assignment in the model file. It may be different than what LTspice uses for the op amp symbol. Look at a different LTspice op amp model for comparison.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

In the original diagram the inverting and non inverting terminals are swapped. To get it to work at all you need to swap those as found in Eric's drawing. I had to look really close to see this as the (+) and (-) inputs show up very very tiny on my screen.