Problem with reading a circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuse2000

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I have a circuit diagram cotaining an IC (LM358) diagram is divided into two parts each part contain decription of the connection of 5 limbs of the IC (with 8 Limbs) one limb is being repeated twice and the IC is labelled 1/2 LM358 in each diagram, my question is that each one of the two diagrams is a miror of the other with one labelled left and one labelled right does this mean that each of the two diagrams is separate from the other totally and that I should use the components in the circuit twice (resistors and capacitators) or that I can simply connect the IC limbs to common components and use them only once

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Ok, the Vcc and ground connections to pins 8 and 4, respectively, aren't physically made twice - they're simply shown twice.

There should also be a small capacitor, 0.1uF, from pin 4 to 8.

Pins 2,3, and 1 are one amplifier inside the LM358.
Pins 6,5, and 7 are the 2nd amplifier.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The opamp is an inverting type with a 1k input impedance that is loading down the high impedance output of the microphone.
The opamp should be connected as a non-inverting type with a high input immpedance.

The LM358 is too noisy (hissss) for a mic preamp and it has crossover distortion because it is one of the first low power opamps ever made. A TL072 dual opamp is low noise, low distortion and costs only 8 cents more. It has the same pins numbers.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This is called hijacking, and is strongly discouraged. Please start a new thread, and refer back to this one instead.

You are also better off making a stab at giving us design, people respond better if they think you are trying too.

Status
Not open for further replies.