Problem with IC

thavamaran

Joined Feb 21, 2008
Hi Everyone, Im Thavamaran, currently working on final year project, im using a CMOS color sensor for my project, TCS230 from TAOS. When i was testing it recently, i mistakenly place pins the opposite way on breadboard, therefore my ground went to Vcc and output also went to Vcc, so then i realize and place it in a correct way and connect oscilloscope, i suppose to get square waveform with 50% duty cycle, but what i got was not square wave but some curve in square wave, some sort of noise.

Then i gave a break to sensor and try it back, it was workin, when i expose it to diffrent color and the frequency was changing cause the its a digital frequency output sensor. but after sometime, the sensor gets so heated up and there was no more output, then i give it a rest again and try again , it work for sometime perfectly and once get heated up, no output.

Please guys, i really need advise on this, what can i do?

Brgds,
Thavamaran

thavamaran

Joined Feb 21, 2008
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the advise, anyway i gave a day break for my sensor and it somehow working now, with perfect output. thanks again guys.