Problem with AC sources

Natan

Joined May 1, 2014
Hi all! Does anybody have the same problem like this ? Every time when I add AC sources all the voltages and currents in the circuit turn to zero. No matter if it's Vas or Vsin the result is same - zero! Unlike DC sources that works perfectly. Here's also attached file. Thanks for help!:)

Attachments

Last edited:

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
I tried that circuit in LTspice and it is fine.
What analysis are you running?
I think it is because you are running DC analysis instead of transient analysis.
When you choose DC analysis, all ac sources are shorted and therefore there are no sources remaining.

Attachments

Natan

Joined May 1, 2014
Hey Anna! I tried time domain analysis before with other AC circuits and found this problem. This time I used AC sweep analysis (linear type) and got the following plot.
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012
Hi.
I tried time domain analysis before with other AC circuits and found this problem.
It shouldn't be a problem with transient analysis.
Because your circuit consists of only ac sources, if you run DC analysis, all ac sources are shorted and the resulting circuit has no sources. That is the reason why all voltages and currents are equal to zero.
This time I used AC sweep analysis (linear type) and got the following plot.
AC analysis calculates the output as a function of frequency.
May I know your purpose with the simulation? What do you want to see with the simulation?
I'm a student and I have a lite version but I don't think it should be the problem..
I don't think that is the software problem. Maybe, it is just the wrong setting for the simulation.

Natan

Joined May 1, 2014
It's just a homework I did it on paper and wanted to check my self..
Thanks a lot I'll try to see what's wrong with the setting or smthing else..