Problem while Filtering Pulsating DC in Multisim

Tajiknomi

Joined Mar 18, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Ok, So i have made a Bridge Rectifier in Multisim, It Works fine until i place a Capacitor (To Filter the Signal), Multisim says some Simulation Problem and when i run the few tests , The Output is Just weird.. I think i'm doing something Wrong, I have attached two Shots herewith,

In First Screen-Shot the Circuit is fine, but in 2nd, it isn't...

Will be glad if someone guide me... thanks

P.S : One more thing , Not related to this but Related to Multisim, How would i show in multisim when Wires Crosses Each other(Not Connected) Symbol in Multisim... ?

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
What does it do when you place the resistor parallel with the capacitor?
Also if I can suggest, download Micro-cap, it is similar but has extensive help and examples and I never had problems like this with such trivial circuits.

Tajiknomi

Joined Mar 18, 2010
Thanks to both for Reply..
@t06afre : Your Trick Works but it will be great if you Explain it a little.... First i have Connected the Ground to One of Wire of Supply... What make it different from my Circuit....

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
That is the problem, the circuit is still the same. What changes is the way the flawed simulator looks at it. Normally the simulation should run with the ground reference point placed wherever you like.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I simulated the second circuit with an old version of Electronics Workbench, which is the predecessor to Multisim, and it worked fine, but I didn't have the model for the 1BH62. Perhaps there's some problem with that model. Have you tried the simulation with a different diode?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Thanks Kubeek :) I thought it was mine mistake...
It was kind of mistake. What I did was to place the ground point. Where you usually find it in circuits like this. I guess this is schoolwork. And by placing the reference point wrong. All your curves measured in respect to ground. Would not have shown the expected result. That was the main reason for asking you to move the ground. But by doing so I also expected the simulation to run as wanted. I can not here and now say why it did not run. But I suspect it is related to this http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~phwl/mt/public/archives/old/ceg3470/PSpice-ConvergenceOnly.pdf