Priority Power circuit

bmsgaffer86

Joined Jul 14, 2009
Hi! I had a question for the experts here. I have thought over it for hours and have not come up with a simple solution yet. I have attached a block diagram for this project I am working on.

I am working on an encoder splitter box. There are three devices attached that can provide 24v to the encoder, but it is necessary to completely isolate the three devices from each other. So i am trying to build a circuit that will take power from JUST one of these devices, and then switch off (electrically isolate) the power and ground lines from the other two devices. Then, if power is interrupted, it will switch to taking power from a working device and completely isolate the other two...

For example, if i have three devices plugged in and then the one that happens to be providing the encoder power shuts off, the circuit will then just automatically take power from another device.

Its a hard thing to explain, I hope I have done a halfway decent job... If not, let me know. Anyone have any ideas? I am looking for some other engineering minds to bounce this off of. Thanks!

Brandon

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
are you trying to say you want to have parallel isolated connection
pl clear your idea
and i cant see any attachment
"(I have attached a block diagram for this project I am working on.)"