Pre-recorded chip-on-board circuits

Otaku

Joined Nov 19, 2008
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a way to overwrite a pre-recorded sound on a COB circuit. The ones I'm referring to are those that you find in talking toys, greeting cards etc. I'd like to be able to upload a new soundtrack to the chip using a computer sound card. I searched the project forum for any references to this, but nothing came up. Has anyone tried doing this or know of a way to do it? Thanks!

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
You can't overwrite that because they are built on cheap ROM memory with write once capability. Once they are flashed, it is as it is. They do it for mass production.

If you are looking for a recordable chip, try CVM60. It is a 26 pin digital 60 seconds voice recorder + player chip. You can record again and again from your sound card or your mic. It requires only a few resistors and capacitors to support it.

Chug

Joined Aug 26, 2009
You can't overwrite that because they are built on cheap ROM memory with write once capability. Once they are flashed, it is as it is. They do it for mass production.

If you are looking for a recordable chip, try CVM60. It is a 26 pin digital 60 seconds voice recorder + player chip. You can record again and again from your sound card or your mic. It requires only a few resistors and capacitors to support it.
Where can one buy a CVM60?

Bob

Otaku

Joined Nov 19, 2008
I thought this might be the case. Thanks to all for the replies.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
In Mumbai/India you can buy it from lamengton road
these are known as VOICE RECORDABLE IC's. from 15 Sec. to approx 1 hr.
in early 90's there was one ic by ISBN series (may be)-10XX where XX stands for sec.'s/Min's

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
I think thats was my second link.

thanks for the link i have not seen it yesterday
i have this ckt since when i was in school in NEW DELHI i was a regular reader of the magazine ELECTRO INDIA ELECTRONICS & ELECTRONICS FOR YOU till to day
but unfortunately i did not got the ISD 1XXX was not available in INDIA
but now it is available in BOMBAY with APLUS for 10 Sec's. to 16 Min's. in the form of IC's & Cob's. in SANTACRUZ but as a voice recordable IC's not with the ISD series