Practical Application of Logic Level

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013

Thanks for all your guys help today, I'm new with electronics but already it's a bit frustrating that most things I've run across reflect conventional as oppossed to electron flow.

In electrical (my field), watts law and ohms law confuses the #### out of my students with way too many tags still lingering that should be updated to reflect the actual terminology we use today:. PIE, IER should be WAV AVR.

TheComet

Joined Mar 11, 2013
but already it's a bit frustrating that most things I've run across reflect conventional as oppossed to electron flow.
They all reflect conventional if you view them as components, so at least there is some coherence in the world of electronics. The moment you start digging deeper (such as how mosfets work, or why diodes stop electron flow in one direction but not the other) is the point where everything is turned upside down.

...or the right way up.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Source is the source of electrons.
Sorry, TheComet is correct.

I was thinking of N-channel FET.

The source is the source of the charge carriers.

For N-channel FET the source is the source of electrons.
For P-channel FET the source is the source of holes.

Lineout

Joined Nov 20, 2013
They all reflect conventional if you view them as components, so at least there is some coherence in the world of electronics. The moment you start digging deeper (such as how mosfets work, or why diodes stop electron flow in one direction but not the other) is the point where everything is turned upside down.

...or the right way up.
It's much easier than that to confuse me.....lol