Powerline communication

kacepad

Joined Sep 22, 2008
hi everyone!!! im new in this forum.. i have a project in powerline communication system.. but my adviser said that i would not use any transformer for coupling.. so my only option is to do the capacitive coupling.. our powerline is differential and my output is differential.. my problem is only this part the capacitive coupling.. and its protection on power surge.. is there any capacitive coupling design that all of you can suggest?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Greetings! And welcome to AAC!

I've moved your post into its own thread, where it will draw more responses.

Please refrain from "hijacking" existing threads with tangent or off-topic questions. You can create new threads for new questions using the "New Thread" button on the upper left of the page.

kacepad

Joined Sep 22, 2008
im sorry.. im just new here.. and i found a thread bout powerline communication alsoso i just post up.. but tnx anyway.. i really have a problem with the coupling though.. i already burned up one ic because of this coupling method.. hehehe.. hope i could find some help..

kacepad

Joined Sep 22, 2008
yes.. my frequency ranges from 40kHz to 80kHz and im employing fsk transmission.. what bugs me is the protection for voltage surge during plugging the device to the outlet.. the capacitors and resistors have a good job at filtering the 220V 60Hz to almost 20mV but the surge can't be filtered.. i need to design a coupling that can minimize the voltage surge.. and question, what is the equivalent power of the voltage surge? and how does it affect my circuit?