Power surge burnt part on a Dell 7020 Motherboard

Arya1970

Joined Dec 24, 2019
Hello,
I have no knowledge of circuits, so please bear with me. After a power interruption my pc stopped working but the cpu fan, so I opened the case cover and found a part that is next to the cpu power connector got burnt, but I am unable to identify the part to try replacing it, to further troubleshoot PC not posting
- Image 1 is my pc motherboard part picture.
- second image is from the internet of the same motherboard part number, the part has the number 101 printed on it.

so can someone help me identify the part please

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You would need some way to confirm it's inductance. (Although I think Dave is probably correct that it is 100 uH) I also think that some other device (Probably a semiconductor device or even possibly a capacitor.) had failed first causing the damage to the inductor.
Les.

Arya1970

Joined Dec 24, 2019
You would need some way to confirm it's inductance. (Although I think Dave is probably correct that it is 100 uH) I also think that some other device (Probably a semiconductor device or even possibly a capacitor.) had failed first causing the damage to the inductor.
Les.
Hi les,

You are correct, replacing the inductor did not resolve the issue, so I will be replacing the system board

Thank you