power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

oloyedayo

Joined Jun 8, 2012
Is a self powererd 10v power supply possible? or how could i design a simple powered, self energy generation model to supply and sustian 5v to 10v supply, with no battrey bank or solar panel.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
"Self" powered is, as noted, not possible. The laws of thermodynamics are pretty darn reliable, and they are very clear on this matter.

Where do you want your energy to come from, if not wind or solar (or presumably burning fuel)? People play with trying to harvest energy from ambient noise, bouncing dance floors, all sorts of things with limited success. But none of these would be called "self" powered.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
There are numerous "energy harvesting" methods that might be used..
You haven't defined the level of current required though to tell you yes or no.

Do "lemons" count as a battery bank? :)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Is a self powererd 10v power supply possible? or how could i design a simple powered, self energy generation model to supply and sustian 5v to 10v supply, with no battrey bank or solar panel.
All you need is a device that creates power with no input source? Maybe a fusion reactor.

NaeKid

Joined Jun 8, 2012

Are you talking about a perpetual-motion machine that will allow you to "snag" some power in order run other stuff? Well, it is possible, but, you would need to shut it down from time-to-time for maintenance ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdw8JxL_diY

In the past, I built a simple "machine" similar to the video above and had it run for about a week and called it a success, but, I had used a car-battery, a simple fan-motor and an alternater from the junk-yard. I used the battery to fire-up the fan-motor, the fan motor to spin a belt that drove the alternator and used the alternator to charge the battery which then ran the motor that ran the alt. that ran the .... a great circuit.

The alternator put out more power than the fan motor required so the excess energy went to keeping the battery alive. It will not run forever, but, it will run for a while and it can allow you to "feed-off" some power for other projects.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these!?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give YOU lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man that's gonna burn your house down with the LEMONS!!!"

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Laugh all you want but I have a completely self contained 10 volt power source, no external battery required!

I will be marketing these globally in the next few days, if you get your orders in now I can put some aside for you.

Here's what it looks like:

(You didn't say anything about internal batteries, did you?)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Over unity (the creation of energy from nothingness) is one of the subjects we do not allow at AAC. It is right up there with perpetual motion, same thing actually.

Check the stickies on the off topic forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.