Power supply TV circuit (LC42 PFL3604)

rcarabaj

Joined Apr 10, 2005
Hello:

I am trying to repair the power supply of a LCD TV : Phillips LC42 PFL3604 and I can´t find the circuit diagram:confused:.
Please, I would appreciate any information about this circuit, or course any advices will be wellcome :).
My best regards.
Roberto

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I would highly recommend you do all the usual checks: fuse, shorted FETs, capacitors, etc. before consulting a schematic.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Hello:

I am trying to repair the power supply of a LCD TV : Phillips LC42 PFL3604 and I can´t find the circuit diagram:confused:.
Please, I would appreciate any information about this circuit, or course any advices will be wellcome :).
My best regards.
Roberto
The best (and possibly only way) to obtain a schematic would be to find an authorized sevice station that would be kind enough to let you copy theirs. Some manufacturers will still sell them at highly inflated prices but in most cases they're put out in large packages, often on DVD, and only provided to their authorized servicers.

Over 1,000,000 different TVs have been built over the years and in just about as many different ways. They're also rarely designed to be serviced at all since they're full of proprietary components, in most cases the only solution is by replacing entire PC Boards once you've diagnosed it to a particular board being the fault.

Gone are the days when things could actually be repaired, the electronics consumer appliance market has pretty much become a throw-away situation.