Power Supply Selection

Simon1988

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hello all,

This is my first post as I just found out about this great forum.
I'm currently creating a testing room and I've just bought 12 pressure transducers but the supplier was not helpful when it came to selecting the power supply.

All I know is that they have a range of 7-32V and need about 3 mA per pressure transducer, so times this by 12

I would like something reliable and stable with no voltage drops as it is used for testing. Also if I need to have 2 or 3 power supplies I don't mind.

Regards

Simon

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Do you have a datasheet on these pressure transducers?

Have you used pressure transducers before?

What is your intended application for said transducers?

Usually you'd need to employ an instrumentation amplifier to get a usable output.

Simon1988

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Yes, the pressure transducers are unik 5000 from ge, here is a link to the brochure:

http://www.ge-mcs.com/download/pressure-level/920-483F-LR.pdf

I'm using option 3 0 to 5 V 4-wire, under Supply and Outputs with non-hazardous.

No I haven't used them before, the application is for reading the pressures with in piping systems. I have a data logger ready to log the readings yet I'm not able to use the transducers due to not having a power supply.

The data logger is meant to be find with working with these transducers I checked with the supplier of both data logger and pressure transducer.