Power supply for 2 Linear Actuators, 6 servo motors and 4 motors

povolji1

Joined Mar 23, 2019
Hi everybody,

I am creating a mobile manipulator (robot :D) and it have to lift up something around 20kg (45 pounds). I guess there will probably be a huge current consumption, because there will be:
2x linear actuators(12V) - one for lifting up the load and one will have load around 5kg(10 pounds)
6x servo motors(6V) (only for a grip so i guess one servo will take 150mA?)
4x classic motors(12V) for robot wheels.

So i need to chose a strong power supply and that is my question. Which one? :)
I was wondering about 2x 6V Lead-acid battery.

I would connect them in series, so there would be 6 volts for servo motors and 12 volts for the rest. Would this connect work? And how much capacity do I need, so i would not have to recharge battery everyday?

Thank you and sorry for my English...
Jirka

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Just personal pref. I do not like to tap off series batteries unless it is a very small load, recharging gets complicated.
Total 12 V drain about 10 A with every thing moving at once. Use a buck converter for servo 6 V ?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I would connect them in series, so there would be 6 volts for servo motors and 12 volts for the rest. Would this connect work?
It would, but I would run everything off a single 12 volt battery. For the servos I would use a 6 volt regulator off the 12 volt battery.
You need to measure the actual current required for all the devices and how much time these will be operating in order to determine a proper size battery.
SG