Power Ball = $150M, did you buy a ticket?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
To me, the fun is in the, "what if I win" thoughts. Unfortunately, I was caught up in the Steelers game and thinking "We are going to win" followed by "I can't believe we're going to lose" followed by "oh my god, we have a chance to win" and, a few seconds later, "oh my god, Did the NFL orchestrate such a bizarre finish or are Cincinnati players really so stupid that they handed Pittsburgh a win".

Therefore, I didn't check my tickets last night and the local news spilled the beans before I had a chance to check my numbers. Anyhow, I usually limit my "investment" to $10. Either at the lottery or a Vegas roulette table (1 spin - win or lose, all on one number).

Cheers. Better luck to us all next drawing.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Did the NFL orchestrate such a bizarre finish or are Cincinnati players really so stupid that they handed Pittsburgh a win".
I'm going with "stupidity" as the answer to your inquiry. I heard the word "stupid," usually preceded by a seven letter adjective, enough times last night from friends who were watching, no, suffering through that game. I had no dog in that hunt, but my friend wanted Cincy to win.

I'll be playing Wednesday too. What IF ... and 1.4 billion is one BIG IF.

GopherT ... just to inform you, your state has the most powerball winners, according to one website.

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Since it is a mathematical certainty the best way to improve your odds is to buy a single ticket that was my plan, at least until I found there was an office pool.

One must always enter the office pool to prevent being the only idiot who still has to go back in come Monday.