Pot Orientation Question

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
In the following schematic, with the pot fully clockwise, there is minimum resistance between pins 2 and 3, and maximum resistance between pins 1 and 2. In that condition will there be minimum or maximum drive to pin 9 of the audio amp? (I think I have the pot backwards.)

Thanks.

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If you're going to make circuit boards before you build and test this circuit, you should also know that your volume controls are installed completely wrong.

Pin 3 goes to the input jack, pin 2 goes to the amplifier chip, and pin 1 goes to ground.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
If you're going to make circuit boards before you build and test this circuit, you should also know that your volume controls are installed completely wrong.

Pin 3 goes to the input jack, pin 2 goes to the amplifier chip, and pin 1 goes to ground.
Yeah, that concern was what prompted my original question; I thought I had it wrong. Here is the corrected schematic. If you see anything else, please point it out.

Thanks again.

Attachments

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Is the pot linear taper, or audio taper? If linear, then it is ok to swap ends...
It is audio taper and is connected as shown in post 5. I have now breadboarded the circuit and the volume goes up as I turn the pot clockwise, which is what I want. So, apparently, everything is ok.