Posting from my new Nexus 7

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
My new Nexus 7. Just got delivered. It was supposed to be delivered on Saturdaybut because of weather they cancel the delivery. It was not supposed to be delivered till Wednesday because of the holiday and because the office is closed today but I got a nice surprise at my door.

I'm just getting used to the features of the tablet. Currently I am using the speech feature 2 to create this post.

I guess I I need to train it . It keeps messing up what I say!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
That will come in time. I plan ongetting one too. What sold me is you can plug in memory card readers with MicroSD in it, or a flash drive, or even an external USB powerer hard drive. I was really drawn awaay from it because of lack of SD support, no high res camera, and no video output.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Yeah no SD sucks. That could not have been that more expensive to add it. Some think it was done on purpose to sell you on the cloud.

No camera is no big deal. It would be nice but leaving it out kept the price down. Maybe the 32G should have had it and they could have charged a little more?

I heard you can get a cable for the USB and output HDMI but I have not seen one yet.

What is weird is it works on my back panel USB on my PC but not the front. Two different PCs are that way. Works fine on the back panel.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
The front panels usually supply less power and/or conflict with different ports. You can usually fix this by uninstalling the front port then reinstalling it. Also if your ever having issues with a USB HD not working try a external powered USB port.

Yah I think its the cloud and the fact you can just plug in flash drives and memory card readers when you need that extra data.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The front panels usually supply less power and/or conflict with different ports. You can usually fix this by uninstalling the front port then reinstalling it. Also if your ever having issues with a USB HD not working try a external powered USB port.

Yah I think its the cloud and the fact you can just plug in flash drives and memory card readers when you need that extra data.

It helps if I plug the front panel in. :)

The front panel I have plugs into a regular USB connector as opposed to the system board itself.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I wished from a Kindle Paperwhite, but it's not delivered in Greece yet. I may have an end with a PO BOX, but I think it will cost me at about 40euros more. I 'll probably wait for it to become available.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I wished from a Kindle Paperwhite, but it's not delivered in Greece yet. I may have an end with a PO BOX, but I think it will cost me at about 40euros more. I 'll probably wait for it to become available.
If theres no issue from greek version or US version I'll buy one and send it to you if you pay me back. Their only like $250 for the 32GB ver. or the kindle, we have like 6 types.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Still can't find a compelling reason to ditch my notebook and move to a tablet. Though, I agree they are cool.
The 7 inch is right where it needs to be. My laptops big enough to work on anytime, my phones to small for internet and other crap, so a nice 7 incher you can throw in your bag or keep on the back of the couch is actually really useful.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The 7 inch is right where it needs to be. My laptops big enough to work on anytime, my phones to small for internet and other crap, so a nice 7 incher you can throw in your bag or keep on the back of the couch is actually really useful.
I like to see a just slightly bigger display. I would think 8-8.5 inches would be the sweet spot.

10 inches is too big for traveling (which I plan to use my nexus for mostly). The 7 is just a bit too small for really good navigation. Thought between the 7 and the 10, I will take the 7. Besides it is cheaper. Nearly have the cost of the 10 in the Nexus world.

The 7 is still much bigger than my GPS and a much better resolution.