Posting attachments

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
Are there any instructions on how to best embed a picture from a website into a post in order to clafify my questions...
Ive seen some of the senior members do that....
Ive used the advanced search function...no joy.
D.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
It's a bit confusing, but you can also upload the images in your post using the popup window from clicking on the little paperclip button whilst posting and copy the link of the newly uploaded file. Then, put the URL into the box that comes up when you click the image button while posting...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Using brackets []instead of these{}, put the address of the image between the commands {img}http:/ URL ADDRESS{/img}

As has been mentioned above, we prefer local posting. You do not have to own the image to put it between the img commands.

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
it is a bit confusing....let me digest all of that and play with it for a while...
thanks..
BTW....
Bernard answered a question I posed by referencing my #22 and /or my #24 posts...
How do I search for those..? I cant get the advanced search menu to do it...
or do I just count 'em by scrolling thru the pages.....?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
it is a bit confusing....let me digest all of that and play with it for a while...
thanks..
BTW....
Bernard answered a question I posed by referencing my #22 and /or my #24 posts...
How do I search for those..? I cant get the advanced search menu to do it...
or do I just count 'em by scrolling thru the pages.....?
You mean he quoted multiple posts?

If so, he used the multi-quote button at the bottom of each post, it will get a red background. Once all desired posts are selected, click "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page...

If not, perhaps you should post a link to the thread for reference...

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
Naw...he just mentioned #22 and #24...Ive figured it out...there's 10 posts per page...I just clicked on the 3rd page and found em....
thanks.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Yeah, I just saw that thread....

Its just a matter of remembering where, in the conversation, something was said and going through the thread to find the post number.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Naw...he just mentioned #22 and #24...Ive figured it out...there's 10 posts per page...I just clicked on the 3rd page and found em....
thanks.
The 10 posts per page is a default setting that you can personalize to suit your preference.
Go to your User CP
Settings & Options
Edit Options
Thread Display Options

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
Im gonna be practicing how to attach a picture off the web, for instance, to my post...
So bear with....
I assume there's no prob. with doing that on this thread....
It might help others...
Im sure I'll have some issues..
D.

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
I dont understand how to upload an image to a post ...when the image is located within .....say....an article written about a particular circuit....
I would need to show the circuit (which someone else has put on their website..so that all of you could comment.....
I have underlined what is confusing verbage (to me) from the FAQ info....

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums
(?) in this way too.

Can you list the steps on how to do the above....kinda like you guys ask me to do when I describe my project...
1. turn power on
2 push button
3. pull lever....etc.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
How to Display Attachments Full Size

As for attaching files,

Click <Go Advanced>, this will bring up a modified screen.

Go down the post, click <manage attachments>, this will allow you to load images from your local hard disk to the AAC forum, it will show up as a thumbnail. Use the browse function.

Click on the thumbnail, it will show the image full size, use the address on top of the address bar.

Hope this helps.

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
Yes..it does help, Bill.....thanks....
However, Im having a problem actually creating an attachment that I can put in my documents.....
For instance....
Hypotheticaly....Im looking at a circuit on a website.....
Im having trouble getting the circuit into my documents....
I used to drag a box to cover the picture and then save it to my docs.......
But I cant drag a box any more....
That not forum stuff.....that just regular Vista stuff....
Hmmmmmm.......

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Yes..it does help, Bill.....thanks....
However, Im having a problem actually creating an attachment that I can put in my documents.....
For instance....
Hypotheticaly....Im looking at a circuit on a website.....
Im having trouble getting the circuit into my documents....
I used to drag a box to cover the picture and then save it to my docs.......
But I cant drag a box any more....
That not forum stuff.....that just regular Vista stuff....
Hmmmmmm.......
there are several ways...

You could screenshot it: press Alt+PrtScn to copy the contents of the active window into your clipboard, which you can then paste into a document or paste it to an image editing program.

You could, depending on your browser, right-click the image and select save image (something to that effect) and save a local version of the image.

Then there's the annoying way: view the source of the page (right-click-> view source) and try to find the linked image URL (some sort of image: e.g. *.png, *.jpg, etc.)

The....tool you reference just takes a screenshot...

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
Ok....thanks....
There's more than one way to skin a cat....
Let me work on it....
I'm positive as I learn more about electronics....I'll need to know how to do this..
Hey...a pun..!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
When you see a picture you want to post, right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location".
In your post, select "Insert image" and paste the image location.

Example:

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
Nothing works.....I'll try it again tomorrow....fed up with it tonight....
thanks anyway...
we wont give up..
D.