Post with most Thanks ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I just got this wild thought that it might be interesting to see a list of the top N posts in terms of having been Thanked by the largest number of people.

First off, there might be some posts on that list that are truly worth reading or perhaps even merit consideration for Sticky status. Second, it just might be entertaining to see what kind of posts tend to elicite large number of Thanks -- will they be posts on technical education topics, on practical project building topics, on someone's new baby pics, or what. Third, I'm just kinda curious what the numbers look like -- is the most Thanks and any posts ever receive about a dozen, or is there a post or two with hundreds of Thanks?

I don't know if the mods have the ability to do a search like that, or if an admin would have to go diddle something.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I'm not aware of such a search query. But I think it's a safe bet to assume that the winner would be a sticky already - because of the fact it's a sticky and gets more attention.

Browse the subforums and check the stickies to find your winner. I'll take a guess and say that it would have about 30 "Thanks".

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm not aware of such a search query. But I think it's a safe bet to assume that the winner would be a sticky already - because of the fact it's a sticky and gets more attention.

Browse the subforums and check the stickies to find your winner. I'll take a guess and say that it would have about 30 "Thanks".
That makes sense and is probably the case. With that in mind, my curiosity then becomes "the most Thanks without being a sticky" or, possibly, before becoming a sticky.

Not too surprising that it isn't a built in search query. Adding it as an additional query is almost certainly pretty straightforward, but requires also probably requires admin privileges and someone who's a database wonk.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012