Possible Grammar Correction Needed

Professor Thom

Joined Jun 6, 2008
In Volume I - DC>> Electrical Safety - Ohm's Law Again! At the top of the page there is an equation for Ohm's Law. The second paragraph below that equation is the sentence I'm referring to.

"Differing percentages of body fat give provide different resistances: just one variable affecting electrical resistance in the human body."

It seems as though it should be either "give" or "provide" not both. I would choose provide; that seems to flow better.

Differing percentages of body fat provide different resistances...

Thanks, just noticed that this morning! =)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
"Yield" and "produce" would probably both be better than "give" or "provide". It's Dennis' call as to which to use, although I believe "provide" is the least accurate of the bunch.

Dave

Professor Thom

Joined Jun 6, 2008
Oh man! I can't believe I spelled grammar wrong, that's just awful.

You're right, Dave. I didn't think of it from that perspective. "Offer" and Contribute" would be good as well. I'm new here by the way. Nice to meet you guys.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Oh man! I can't believe I spelled grammar wrong, that's just awful.
At least you didn't suggest a correct to our "spelling and grammer" - the irony!

You're right, Dave. I didn't think of it from that perspective. "Offer" and Contribute" would be good as well.
Yes, they would be appropriate options too.

I'm new here by the way. Nice to meet you guys.
Welcome to All About Circuits! :) Is Professor Thom a tag or are you a real professor?

Dave

Professor Thom

Joined Jun 6, 2008
Haha, nah it's just a nickname. One of my friends was trying to be a wise guy a while back and I just kept using the name. I just got my Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering so sometimes I feel like I know a lot and sometimes I feel like I dont know squat. So I'm gonna go ahead and ask forgiveness ahead of time for any stupid questions that I might ask. I learned a lot but I kinda feel like I still dont understand a lot of things. But anyways, thanks for the welcome!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Haha, nah it's just a nickname. One of my friends was trying to be a wise guy a while back and I just kept using the name. I just got my Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering so sometimes I feel like I know a lot and sometimes I feel like I dont know squat. So I'm gonna go ahead and ask forgiveness ahead of time for any stupid questions that I might ask. I learned a lot but I kinda feel like I still dont understand a lot of things. But anyways, thanks for the welcome!
You won't be judged for asking questions, just get stuck in! :)

Dave