Portable Battery Backup for 19V, 3.42 Amp Charger to charge a portable 10,000 mah battery projector

Nomi

Joined Oct 24, 2017
Hello Folks,

Am with 0% background in electronics and looking for a reliable solution to charge my portable projector with 10,000 mah battery while outing without providing any harm to battery.

I did a search of little bit but still confused. So here i am asking from you people. Hope we will find a solution.
My projector battery charger requires
Input: 100-240V-50/60Hz 1.5A MAX
and it
Output: 19V 3240mA (Attaching a Photo of Charger)

If i combine two 12V 7AH lead acid batteries with 300W pure sine wave 12V DC to 220V AC invert-er and connect my projector's charger with it. In that case will it charge the Projector? Will charger heated or burst and provide any harm to my projector? What your opinion guys.

If you have any other better option in low budget please share. I will be very thankful to you as i need this to have long fun outside at my weekends..Thanks

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The simplest and most efficient would be to put a 12V battery in series with a 6V battery of the approximate same ampere-hour rating, and connect that directly to the 19V input on the projector (make sure the polarity is correct :eek:).
The total voltage will be about 12.6V plus 6.3V = 18.9V which should be sufficient to charge the internal battery and/or operate the projector.

Note that a 7Ah battery will obviously not fully charge the 10Ah battery in the projector.

Of course you will need to charge the 6V battery and the 12V battery separately when they need it.

Nomi

Joined Oct 24, 2017
@Crustschow, Thanks for the reply..Before i thought the same but when i contacted the projector's company they said don't charge your Projector directly, it may harm the battery..Always use projector adapter to charge it.

So that's why am looking for the above DC to AC inverter solution to plug the projector charger..!

ajune

Joined Oct 24, 2017
Hi,
Why you need an inverter ,since your projector charger can be plug directly to ac mains (220vac) input and the output dc 19v
and connect this to your projector unit.

Nomi

Joined Oct 24, 2017
Hi Ajune,

I want to use Lead Acid Battery as a power source for portability and i can't connect my projector charger directly with it as charger needs 100-220V 50/60HZ 1.5 Max as an input and then this charger outputs 19V, 3.420 amp to charge the projector battery.

Crustschow's idea is good but as i told projector company's engineer told me not to connect projector directly with the power source. so from acid battery to convert DC to AC inverter is required..!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
when i contacted the projector's company they said don't charge your Projector directly, it may harm the battery..
That seems odd as I would think the battery charge circuit would be in the projector, not the power supply.

Will the projector run without a battery if the power supply is connected?

Nomi

Joined Oct 24, 2017
@crutschow: I think the charging circuit inside the projector but not confirmed yet as i asked from the engineers to provide me the circuit diagram and some internal circuit images of the projector. I can't open it as it's under warranty yet.. Lets see what we got.

Will the projector run without a battery if the power supply is connected?
Ans: If i connect the charger while projector on, it charges the battery too and projector remains on. Upon battery fully charge the sign of charging remains and when i remove the charger, the charging sign still remained there for few seconds...!

Nomi

Joined Oct 24, 2017
@crutschow, Am not sure about this yet, because i can't open and remove the battery from projector but i guess it might work if i remove the battery.