Poll for who likes the new mobile version?

Do you like the new look for your cell/mobile phone?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Ahhh, did ALL cell phones change? :rolleyes:

Mine has not changed since I first got it, about 5 years ago - except it has less finish on it.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I fought having to use one due to customer abusive practices. Having bought one around 7 years ago I have no need to change, the abusive practices have only gotten worse.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I have one which is good to make phone calls locally (and eventually abroad but insanely expensive). Messages to my office when I am not in my area (as now).
Just minutes ago its alarm woke me up. And that's all to it.

Have no interest in whatever new is coming, at least for now.

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
:rolleyes:Cell phones < SNIP !!> [ there mods - beatcha to it :D ]

Seriously.........my peeps dragged me kicking and screaming into the 21st century, insisting we all have one on the family plan............. now for some intractable reason I feel naked without the darn thing.

I have a bare-bones service - phone and voicemail .......no pix, no text, nada ! none of that extraneous claptrap.

Most times though, it is a real p<snip> off, 'cuz when you honestly need to communicate, 75% of the time you get.........
"your call has been forwarded to an automated voice-messaging system" [ verizon ] so and so is not available ...........:mad::mad:

You're right about the abusive part Bill............I like the one recently about the yakkity Bozo that got kicked off the train for yammering incessantly :p

Last edited:
Once the cost of my prepaid plan equalled the cost of unlimited internet and messaging I switched to a smart phone.

The new interface for AAC is ok. Definitely not as convenient as from the computer but I don't turn that on very much since I got the new phone....

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I think the new interface would be good for old style phones with internet, but for smart phones with touchscreens, it's more of a hinderance than a help.
There's no "go advanced", you have to click the images to see them, anything in a code box gets truncated to about 20 columns wide, you can't easily see if users are online, etc.
It would be good to have a button to press, or something in the user CP so that you could choose.
Maybe I can change something in my phone so it pretends to be a desktop browser for this site, but I haven't really looked into it yet.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Ah, glad I was directed to this thread. I posted a complaint in the feedback section about the mobile phone interface. I don't like it at all and think we really need an option to switch to the standard website. Modern phones have plenty of power to view the full pages, and the switch to the mobile version feels like going back to the stone ages. I can definitely see the benefit of having the mobile option, but please don't force everyone to use it.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
How do I get to the mobile version? I think it asked me about it a few weeks ago and I skipped selecting yes or something.. Now I just see the regular site..

Also when Virgin Mobile offers a $25 (unlimited data/300 minutes plan) you can't pass that up... No one can touch that deal.. I'm loving it.. I swore I would never get a smart phone.. Now I don't know how I live without it. 300 minutes a month is plenty for me.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
How do I get to the mobile version? I think it asked me about it a few weeks ago and I skipped selecting yes or something.. Now I just see the regular site..
I think it must be something in your phone settings. Unfortunately my phone browser didn't give me the option.

Also when Virgin Mobile offers a $25 (unlimited data/300 minutes plan) you can't pass that up... No one can touch that deal.. I'm loving it.. I swore I would never get a smart phone.. Now I don't know how I live without it. 300 minutes a month is plenty for me.
I get a good deal on T-mobile pay as you go in the UK. Internet is £20 for 6 months and apart from that I just pay for a few calls. Internet is limited to 1Gb a month but I don't get anywhere near that.

zell12

Joined Jul 15, 2010
Ah, glad I was directed to this thread. I posted a complaint in the feedback section about the mobile phone interface. I don't like it at all and think we really need an option to switch to the standard website. Modern phones have plenty of power to view the full pages, and the switch to the mobile version feels like going back to the stone ages. I can definitely see the benefit of having the mobile option, but please don't force everyone to use it.
I COMPLETELY AGREE. Is there anyone here who knows how?