police lights

deawag

Joined Sep 6, 2010
hi,, im your new member,please can you help me...i need a police light strobe circuit diagram and pcb lay outs i will use a 2x8 red led and 2x8 blue led with a power supply of 12 volts

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Have you done a search yet? I've helped a lot of people with this.

The search is on top of the screen, I'd use advanced search.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
You want everyone to do your school work for you?

Help can be offered, but please show what you have already done.

First considerations would be how to drive the LEDs. You could use resistors, but it would be quite inefficient. Ideally, you would use a constant current power supply or an LED driver.

Secondly, you have to consider your power supply. You say 12V, but do you plan to run this from a car? The battery voltage is not static. It varies from as low as 11.8V to about 14V, make sure your circuit can handle these voltages. Also, note that it's not necessarily stable; it can vary quite a bit and you can get large spikes of voltage (transients.)

The oscillator (the part commanding the red and blue LEDs) will be easy. A 555 timer could probably do the job.

In many places it is illegal to produce a replica police light; make sure you check the law where you live.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Where is "buru un Iligan city". A country might be more appropriate.

Is this for a RC car or a police vehicle?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What type of components do you have access to.
Like discrete part or micro controllers with a programmer.
Or with logic IC's

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As Bill_Marsden already asked you, is it for RC (remote control model) or a real car?

Bertus

PS I noticed the threads are merged.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Get a regular strobe light/circuit. Xenon flash ect.

And put red and/or blue cellophane over the lens.

Viola! Instant red and blue flashing lights.

:)

campeck

Joined Sep 5, 2009
That schematic must be for slightly higher powered LEDs than the standard 20mA. The reds have over 30mA through them. When I built this I just used the source current of the 4017 itself to drive the LEDs.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is very similar to the one I showed in LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers. I suspect the OP has made it obvious this is for the real deal though. We need it confirmed.

The OP has made 5 separate requests, 5 separate threads. I believe it is because he wants a kit basically, complete with PCB. None forthcoming, he starts another thread.

Which leads to a third point, a Google translator is probably being used. The OP may not understand a word of English. When the translation is too garbled to understand up pops another post.

I think Soren may have something in that realm, it's been a while since he visited the site.

To me this is a gray area, since this is for law enforcement. Small towns (wanna bet the OP is really remote?) cars and mods are paid for by the local police officers. The town I grew up in was something like that. They are typically speed traps, because it is one way taking care of their cars doesn't come out of their personal budget.

So we'll have to defer to the moderators judgment, but we need to know one way or another. If I'm right about the English issue expect another thread.

To the OP: Not speaking English, or English as a second language, is not a problem. We get that all the time here.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
It is very similar to the one I showed in LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers. I suspect the OP has made it obvious this is for the real deal though. We need it confirmed.
Ever notice how a lot of these type posts are usually from brand new members and they need the answer right then - as if the homework project is due the next morning?

Probably a good thing they didn't have the internet the two times I went to college, we actually had to study. If I recall we did have the basic 4-banger calculators the first time but slide rules still dominated. I've still got a couple of Pickets and K&Es sitting around somewhere, nowadays I've got two of the trusty old HP-48SX handheld programmables, they're actually small computers that will even solve for variables inside complex calculus equations if you can program well enough in RPN.

When you learn how to use one of the older HPs you can do about anything. The newer ones just aren't the same by any means.

ke5nnt

Joined Mar 1, 2009
I posted a thread similar to this one quite a while back, but like most of my threads, I post what I've already done and learned myself (as I have no actual electronics education from any institution). I find it quite enjoyable to learn and figure crap out myself, not to mention rewarding!

Thanks to AAC members and books, yes, actual paper and ink books! I have been able to learn how to read/draw schematics, design a PCB, put components together to make things work, write Assembly code, program that code into Microcontrollers, and much much more. If I remember right, my very first project was 2 flashing LEDs with a 555 timer. Looking back on it now, it's the simplest thing ever.

marshallf3 said:
Ever notice how a lot of these type posts are usually from brand new members and they need the answer right then - as if the homework project is due the next morning?
I did notice actually, quite annoying. Learning takes time... time takes patience... both of which are pretty much required for the AAC program to work for you. If you have no desire to learn, and no patience for learning, you should probably not be messing with things that require electricity, which can kill you. Is this the same person that wants a rice dispenser?