PMWs, MOSFet H-Bridges, and potentiometers

Tesladisciple

Joined Dec 6, 2010
Hello everyone, I am in need of some lab help.

My dilemma is that I have to combine a PWM signal produced by an SG3524 chip and potentiometer with an H-Bridge using 1N4148 diodes,VN0104 MOSFET, VP0104 MOSFET, two switches and a 7404N chip in order to control the speed and direction of a 5V motor.

I have had no problem constructing either circuit and both work wounderfully on their own accord.I am just very unsure of a good design that will not distort the already weak PWM signal.

As mentioned before hand I a doing this in a lab so I will have access to a wide array of resistors and capacitors.

However,I have to mention that I am not allowed to use a PIC to help control the motor.

Any ideas or schematics would be a big help.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It probably would help a lot if you produced a schematic. H bridges are common critters to find examples of. Since you have made "either" circuit, it should be a snap.

Are you sure about those 1N4148's. You might want to look at a data sheet.

Tesladisciple

Joined Dec 6, 2010
I'd be more than happy to provide some schematics, and the instructor was very specific on the 1N14148 diode.

I'll put up the H-bridge up first since I'm going to have to make a schematic for the PWM circuit.

Attachments