1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) for several hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

plz PROGRAMMERS

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by MAZAR SCIENTIST, Jul 7, 2008.

1. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    I Will Take A Course Today About The C Programming So Plz
    Wat's The Best One Plz
    C# Or C++
    Thx So Much

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    How do you define best? I think C++ is more popular, but does that make it better?

Dave

3. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    donot know my friend
    but i will work on building robots some friends told me to learn c# as it cud do programming of monmonics

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Do you mean mnemonics?

Dave

5. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    yes sry as i wrote it wrong
    but plz tell me an specific answer dave

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Sorry, but I programme in neither C# or C++, so my advice would not be sound.

My only suggestion would be have a look at a general comparative search of C++ and C# and see which appears to meet your requirements better.

I tend to know more people who programme in C++ than C#, however that doesn't mean it is better. I can't say more than that.

Dave

7. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    tx so much dave
    i hope i cud learn from u

8. CVMichael

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 3, 2007
    Well, if you want to learn programming in general, you should learn C#... but you want to learn programming for making robots, that's a diferent story....

For making robots you need to program microcontrollers, and that is done in assembly, C, basic.

But if you want to interface the robot with a computer, then you can do your programming in C# (or others like C/C++, Visual Basic 6, or VB.NET, etc.)

Also, C# is a .NET language, and you need the CLR (Common Language Runtime) same as VB.NET, though I don't know for sure, but I really don't think that you can use that to program microcontrollers.

So... in short, I think it is best to learn C/C++ because you can program microcontrollers AND in windows/linux/mac (whatever you are using).

C/C++ is the most popular programming language of all...

And on top of that C++ syntax is simmilar to C#, so if later on you decide to learn C#, it will be easy...

9. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    thx so much cvmichael

10. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I don't know C in any dialect, but I would definately consider availability. What do you have access to?

11. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  12. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
    Yes, C# is a .NET language that requires the CLR. You could use C# to develop a user interface, but to write code that runs on a microcontroller, you'll need C or C++ or whatever assembly language is relevant to the microcontroller.
    Mark