plz answer simply

SaraSa

Joined Feb 11, 2009
I have a scaned page(text ) as a picture into my computer. What should I do to edit a text into that picture in form of microsoft word not like a picture? infact I want to send words of that picture into microsoft office words, in order to see just words not like:
plz see attachment
this copy has pasted like picture,but I want to see just words. Like other words in the microsoft office words.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You need a program that does optical character recognition (OCR). There are several makers of such programs. Adobe and Nuance are just two of them.

John

SaraSa

Joined Feb 11, 2009
You need a program that does optical character recognition (OCR). There are several makers of such programs. Adobe and Nuance are just two of them.
John
Thanks for your suggestion. I downloaded OCR, but please see attached.OCR cannot recognize well.

SaraSa

Joined Feb 11, 2009
John
Thanks for your suggestion. I downloaded OCR, but please see attached.OCR cannot recognize well.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Tables and equations are the downfall of many an OCR program. Most OCRs include contextual and spelling checks. There is no spell check for equations; a double prime could be just as accurate as an r or pi superscript.

Use the OCR for the bulk of the text and fill in the equations by manually.

John