Plug Bar/Multiplug

Galibore

Joined May 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get into drawing some circuits to teach myself and thought a multiplug would be a good, simple place to start. I have attached my very first drawing. I have a few question that I hope you guys can help me with. (You guys might call it something different than "multiplug", but I'm sure you know what I mean.) For now, I'm drawing a multiplug without little indicator lights to show whether it's on or not.
  1. First, can you guys please critique the drawing in general.
  2. What is the symbol for an electrical socket. I used a generic symbol. The circle with a horizontal Z in it represent a socket on the multiplug.
  3. Should I indicate the earth wire somewhere on the drawing and where on the drawing?
  4. Any other suggestions that would make this multiplug safer/compliant/commercially acceptable?
Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
The drawing looks ok, although I think it is not a Z but a sinewave, but it doesn´t really matter, maybe there is some standard symbol for a receptacle but it is not used too often. Earth is not a bad idea to draw in there, but you will have trouble adding it to this symbol I gues.

As for safety etc. I think it is a good idea to add there a GFI breaker, something with lower than the standard household 30mA trip current might not be a bad idea if you are going to play with stuff connected to this thing.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am attaching some symbols that electricians use. Us electronics nerds don't often concern ourselves with recepticles. Those are for electricians. That's why the response has been rather silent.

Attachments