pls i want 220v to 110v converter (100W)

dishara

Joined Sep 23, 2009
i have a monitor supply voltage 110V. but in my country 220V is available. can i get a circuit diagram of a converter 100W. thank you

lmartinez

Joined Mar 8, 2009
A circuit? The transformer is all he needs.
An electric circuit in engineering terms can be defined as a given set of electrical components that can be assembled to perform an electrical task. As we all know, a transformer by itself will not accomplish a voltage reduction as simple as the above given responses.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
An electric circuit in engineering terms can be defined as a given set of electrical components that can be assembled to perform an electrical task. As we all know, a transformer by itself will not accomplish a voltage reduction as simple as the above given responses.
Interesting, can you elaborate?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Perhaps I should've mentioned that our OP would also need a plug to fit their outlet, a suitable electrical cord, a fuse and fuse holder, a box to put the transformer in, and a suitable outlet that the monitor can plug into?

lmartinez

Joined Mar 8, 2009
Perhaps I should've mentioned that our OP would also need a plug to fit their outlet, a suitable electrical cord, a fuse and fuse holder, a box to put the transformer in, and a suitable outlet that the monitor can plug into?
Indeed, this would be some of the additional electrical components required to build a safe an reliable "electrical circuit" to achieve what the responses above have been provided for. My response given above was to provide an alternative to the original question on how to build a transformer from scratch. This is another option that depending on the expertise of the individual asking the question may give him/her the ability to utilize the electrical equipment at a different voltage level and frequency of the power voltage grid. A voltage transformer can be built by utilizing Faraday's law and applying the appropriate expertise withing the design of such field in electrical engineering. You may take a look at the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer. I hope this is of benefit to all of you. :)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I suppose that one interpretation of
a circuit diagram of a converter 100W
is to wind a transformer from scratch.

It seems easier to pick up the Mouser catalog, turn to page 1971, and contemplate part #553-N4MG, a 150 VA autotransformer, as an example.

I'm not certain of how it can be seen as a circuit, though.

lmartinez

Joined Mar 8, 2009
I suppose that one interpretation of is to wind a transformer from scratch.

It seems easier to pick up the Mouser catalog, turn to page 1971, and contemplate part #553-N4MG, a 150 VA autotransformer, as an example.

I'm not certain of how it can be seen as a circuit, though.

If the expertise of an individual do not fall within such subject matter, then I agree with you? It appears to me that the word "circuit" is of confusion to you. Please review the following as a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_network.