pls help me now! it's an assignment to be passed soon!!

popiscott04

Joined Mar 25, 2008
I am in need of the internal circuit of microprocessor and its functioning. i'm also new to the site coz i just registered so i am like sceptical with how things are done here but will surely figure myself out. if u can just help me out with my research then i'll be very grateful.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Except for high level block diagrams I think you will find that kind of stuff hard to come by. There is one possibility I can think of and that is the folks who make FPGAs often have processor cores that can be implemented in their products. I don't know how much detail you can extract from such cores or how much you will have to pay but it might be worh a shot.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I was thinking the best information you might obtain is a processor pipeline arrangement showing ALU, memory, reg-file, bus, etc, structure. The core-IP will be closely guarded mes thinks.

Dave

popiscott04

Joined Mar 25, 2008
yeah Mr dave! i beleive the pipeline arrangement is what i'm looking for and its functionng. can u help me with it if it is at ur disosal now plss!!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
If its a simple description then Wiki is your best bet; try the MIPS processor which is both complete and relatively simple to review. There is a pipeline diagram and explanation in there.

If you read the Wiki article feel free to post back with specific questions about anything you don't understand.

Dave