Please tell me I'm not the biggest geek on here...

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
So I got a bunch of logic gate chips in the mail a couple days ago, and I'm actually excited about it.
I seriously can't wait to find a cool project or a good idea and use them, I already have an idea for a nor gate for the clock, and I'm like a kid on Christmas eve wanting to try it out!!
I haven't felt this way since I got my oscilloscope on Christmas!

Am I alone in this...
Please tell me no...

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
You are not alone. Take a simple design that is easy to do with a microcontroller and do it with logic gates instead. Its more challenging and fun and stuff.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
say, did you ever post the schematics for that binary clock?

Also, considering that I have the maturity of a 4 year old on Christmas eve, but the age to stay up and work on it, I got it to work (blinking colon) :D:D
I'm going to bed a happy man. :)

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Well, of course you're a geek by most peoples' definition, but so what? So am I. One secret to life is to be happy what you're doing -- and get paid for it if you can. So enjoy yourself...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
By being active in this forum you have pretty well proved you are the biggest geek in your neighborhood. Welcome home.

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
Your not the only geek I put on my census to the question, "Please list other languages you communicate in" C#. So far no police at the door.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
You're certainly not alone! Any time I get new electronic components I feel the same way :D Like you said, it's just like being a kid on Christmas!
Der Strom

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Haha, I know I'm the biggest geek in my town, I was just wondering about on here :p

@TBayBoy, I'm going to start doing that :D