Please help - Series Parrallel Circuit

shebby

Joined May 21, 2013
I am a high school student struggling with series parallel circuits please help with this question and explain how to break down. I will try my best to show problem

Rich (BB code):
 ------------------------------------ v------------------3o 0hm-----------------------------------------------------------v
                               10 ohm                                                    10 watt 120 volt lamp
                                10 ohm                                                              v
   ---------------------------------------------------------------------- <
sorry bad diagram but cant copy paste. this is a circuit the v indicates arrows continuing the circuit. 1 branch has 2 10 ohm resistors. the other main circuit has a 30 ohm resistor and a 10 watt 120volt lamp. Please help answer. im pretty sure the formula is 1 over, 1 over R1 + 1 over R2 + 1 over R3 but im lost for some reason.
Question.
When current is flowing through the 10-ohm resistors, the voltmeter reading will be:(since its hard to show the volt meter is placed across the bottom 10 ohm resistor).

Last edited by a moderator:

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
If I could understand the circuit I would try to help but the description of the circuit is not clear enough and the picture is too messed up.