Please Help Regarding Relay Circuit Guidance

moksha1987

Joined Jun 20, 2010
Im a trader and h ave no idea about relays.
It happens to be i have 4 pin relays in my list of deliverables.

Im going to insert an image of the relay.

Query:
As you see in the image there are two values 85& 86. Can a relay of the same type come with a value less than 60 in both places instead of value 85&86.

Please help.:confused:

moksha1987

Joined Jun 20, 2010
Those are not values in the sense that they result from measuring anything. They are pin numbers used by Bosch and now somewhat standard in automotive relays. See:

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf
http://www.rowand.net/shop/tech/AllAboutRelays.htm

Can you picture the specific relay for which you have a question?

John
I have a relay of the same configuration that is in the picture ..my only query after reading one of your links is that, is it possible to get a relay where the 'Relay coil ground' and the 'Relay coil feed' is lesser than 60.

I understand you saying its common in all relays, but i want to be sure before i tell my client that.

Thanks again

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What are the two numbers used for the relay coil? "Less then 60" is meaningless as is. Are you absolutely sure the pins are in the same locations and same orientation as the pins in the relay pictured? What are the numbers for the 4 pins?

Again, a picture is really helpful.

John

moksha1987

Joined Jun 20, 2010
What are the two numbers used for the relay coil? "Less then 60" is meaningless as is. Are you absolutely sure the pins are in the same locations and same orientation as the pins in the relay pictured? What are the numbers for the 4 pins?

Again, a picture is really helpful.

John
85 & 86 is used for the relay coil..and the pins are in the same location as shown in the image i have attached...can i have ur email id if u still cant see the image..i will send it to you...

moksha1987

Joined Jun 20, 2010

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
my only query after reading one of your links is that, is it possible to get a relay where the 'Relay coil ground' and the 'Relay coil feed' is lesser than 60.
On re-reading this question, I am assuming you do not have that other relay in hand. Numberings less than 60 are possible. One of the links I provided shows a 1,2,3,4,5 ... numbering system. That is, like the pins on an solid state electronic chip (e.g, IC). To say whether the relay you have will be a plug-in replacement for the other relay without seing the other relay is a crap shoot (i.e, gamble).

In any event, be sure the coil voltage ratings and contact current ratings are the same.

John

Edit: I thought I had another post, that seems now to have disappeared. Note that the two relays you show are not identical. One is for 12V; the other is for 24V.

moksha1987

Joined Jun 20, 2010
On re-reading this question, I am assuming you do not have that other relay in hand. Numberings less than 60 are possible. One of the links I provided shows a 1,2,3,4,5 ... numbering system. That is, like the pins on an solid state electronic chip (e.g, IC). To say whether the relay you have will be a plug-in replacement for the other relay without seing the other relay is a crap shoot (i.e, gamble).

In any event, be sure the coil voltage ratings and contact current ratings are the same.

John

Edit: I thought I had another post, that seems now to have disappeared. Note that the two relays you show are not identical. One is for 12V; the other is for 24V.

I agree to the 12V and 24V part.. but mine originally is a 12V and 30AMP..i jus din have a device to click a picture of it..so i thot ill send u an example..since my main concern had been the other numberings..ill check ur link again..thanks man..