Please Help Me

serdar

Joined Mar 12, 2013
Dear Friends,

I did not make following connections on breadboard I am new..
by passing resistor of 2 end confused my mind?
please help me?
Regards

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The regulator maintains a constant current by maintaining a constant 5 volts across R2. If you put capacitance in parallel with R2, the circuit's will not be able to adjust the current quickly when the circuit voltage and load change.

Does that answer your question, or were you asking something else?

serdar

Joined Mar 12, 2013
The regulator maintains a constant current by maintaining a constant 5 volts across R2. If you put capacitance in parallel with R2, the circuit's will not be able to adjust the current quickly when the circuit voltage and load change.

Does that answer your question, or were you asking something else?
I am asking i did not built this circuit on bread board.. Would you please show me on bread board how is going to be connections please??

because of connection from 2 to the end of resistor confused me too much?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Figure 4 here shows your hookup for a constant current source as DickCappels indicated. The formula for calculating the constant current is also given.

R1 at the input is needed only if the battery voltage causes the voltage ACROSS the regulator to exceed max.

Note that your schematic is for a constant current source. If you want a constant VOLTAGE, connect it like Fig. 1. In this case, a resistor at the input is sometimes used to dissipate some power before the regulator. Its a poor way to do it.

As far as the connecting on a breadboard, the datasheet shows the pins IN, GND, OUT.

serdar

Joined Mar 12, 2013
Figure 4 here shows your hookup for a constant current source as DickCappels indicated. The formula for calculating the constant current is also given.

R1 at the input is needed only if the battery voltage causes the voltage ACROSS the regulator to exceed max.

Note that your schematic is for a constant current source. If you want a constant VOLTAGE, connect it like Fig. 1. In this case, a resistor at the input is sometimes used to dissipate some power before the regulator. Its a poor way to do it.

As far as the connecting on a breadboard, the datasheet shows the pins IN, GND, OUT.
Thank you very much.
but ı need some info about how to connect this circuit on breadboard?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Plug the parts into the holes in the breadboard and connect them to each other with pieces of wire.

edwardholmes91

Joined Feb 25, 2013
I think the OP is asking how to use breadboard. Depending on your type of breadboard will depend on how it is connected up... but most breadboards will have either one or two power rails running horizontally along the top and the bottom. Then they will have vertical rails running top to bottom, split in the middle to allow the mounting of ICs and the likes. This website should help you understand how the breadboard works and how you can connect your circuit up: http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/breadb.htm