Please help me pinout a CCTV camera

sparkyuiop

Joined Aug 19, 2011
I recently acquired a Sentient N94FY CCTV camera with the cable ripped off. I don't know if this is faulty but I was told it had not ever been used before it was broken.

I removed the camera module from the old casing which was missing it's bracket and have fitted a larger infra red lighting ring (Hence the glue) ready to be mounted into it's new case.

I assumed the pinout would be straight forward but I am unable to get any output from it.

If I apply 8 - 12v DC to the Red (+) and black (-) marked pins in the photograph the camera get's warm quite quickly (not too hot to touch) and the infra red ring functions correctly.

I wonder though how to connect the video out. This camera previously had a microphone that was wired to the PCB. I have removed it as I do not require audio.

I have only guessed the power pins that I have marked based on continuity. The colored spots I have marked indicate continuity between 2 points. I could not find a continuity point for the first pin which I suspect is under the camera module's plastic.

Any help gladly received.

Attachments

sparkyuiop

Joined Aug 19, 2011
It's OK I worked it out.
If anyone want's to know, the pin marked yellow is the signal wire and the black (-) is the ground. I assume the first pin is for the audio?
Cheers anyway...

craigy1

Joined Feb 12, 2013
aup mate i am doing the same thing with the same camera, i have tried everything to figure out the 2 power wires and ive got them as been yellow and green wires that give me the power for the camera? and the red gives me the mic audio but the last black cable which i suspect was the video signal does nothing when i connect it up to a tv can you help?