Please help me out!

hasnain_raza

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Hello bros!

I m working on a solar project and making a buck converter to convert my 36.8v(panel) voltage to 24v(battery) but i fails to get exact values of components!!

Will anybody help me please ??

Thanks in advance!

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
Hi Hasnain!
Use the IC in the out put of the 36 Volt panel :
LM7824CT
REGULATOR 24 VOLT 1AMP TO-220
It can provide 24 volt DC up to 1A in the output.

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
Do you have these design specifications with you?
Input voltage: (V)
Output voltage: (V)
Diode Voltage Drop (V)
Transistor Voltage Drop (V)
Frequency: (KHz)
Output Current: (A)
Minimum Output Current(A)=L
Inductor Current Ripple (%)=L
Output Voltage Ripple (%)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
i want out put current of 4A?
Are you sure? Your panel probably has an open circuit voltage spec (36V) and a short circuit current spec (4A?). That doesn't mean you'll get both at the same time. In fact for maximum efficiency you'll want to load the panel with only enough current to drop the voltage to about 80% of its open circuit rating, or about 29V. That current will be far less than the short circuit current.

In fact your battery may tolerate the current directly from your panel without any additional circuitry to reduce current. Without the specs of your panel (the current vs. voltage chart) and your battery, the experts here cannot give the best advice.

A linear regulator as suggested would offer protection to the battery but is very inefficient. If the battery is lead-acid, you'd want to charge it at ~30V. The panel might put the IC at risk, since their upper voltage spec is just over 30V.