Please help identify part on schematic diagram.

Raf11011

Joined Dec 12, 2023
My tv t-con board has failed. There is a buzzing noice coming from one of the components. I’ve circled it in the photo of my board. Can anyone tell me what this component is, and if it is easily replaced?

alternately I’ve found a board being sold that I could use as a replacement - it looks identical except for the writing stamped into the white rectangle. Can anyone advise if the board would be a match? Are they the same?

thank you!

my board:
IMG_3255.jpeg

replacement board:
IMG_3259.jpeg

schematic I could find:

IMG_3261.jpeg

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The circled component is an inductor, probably 220uH, and probably part of a switch mode supply.
I expect that the buzzing noise from that inductor is a symptom of a fault elsewhere rather than indicating a fault in the inductor (assuming there is no visible damage to it.

Raf11011

Joined Dec 12, 2023
Thanks for the help! It’s got two almost little
Holes on the right side. I took this photo from the wrong angle but you can see the darker spots on the right.
IMG_3254.jpegso I’m assuming it’s just damaged.

does the second board look like it would be a good replacement? It looks identical to me other than the stamp, but I really don’t know a whole lot about this as you can probably tell!

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
so I’m assuming it’s just damaged.
Is that outer part ceramic or plastic?
If not sure tap it, and the central part, gently wih the tip of a screwdriver and compare the sound. If they make very different sounds then I think that outer part is plastic and what you are seeing is just a poor moulding and will not affect the function of the part.