please help for the ethernet project

lokesh88

Joined Jul 4, 2011
hi all...I'm doing project called single board computer.here i should use transceiver for communication between pc and pic18f micro controller. my question is for communication between pic18f and pc i have to use ethernet system, is there any Ethernet transceiver or any other method for this communication please help me...waiting for your reply.
thank you.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
MC has nine 18 series chips with a 10 base T ethernet controller built in, or you could use USB, RS232, or several other schemes for comms.

lokesh88

Joined Jul 4, 2011
i decided to use pic18f87j60 controller which has inbuilt ethernet module...please read the datasheet of pic18f87j60 page 207.here in block diagra there is pluse transformer for isolation instead fo this can we use opto coupler....

kavli

Joined Aug 1, 2011
i decided to use pic18f87j60 controller which has inbuilt ethernet module...please read the datasheet of pic18f87j60 page 207.here in block diagra there is pluse transformer for isolation instead fo this can we use opto coupler....
While it may be theoretically possible to make a matching interface using optocouplers, I think it's going to be a tough route to pursue.

Anyway, you'll need an RJ-45 connector, and there are RJ-45 connectors with built in transformers, like http://www.hirose.co.jp/cataloge_hp/e22229322.pdf

-- K