please help by wiring a fotek twin timer and relay

hnoah

Joined Jun 4, 2011
if any one can help by wiring the timer and a relay and 2 lamps and a switch as stated in the following drawing in case:
1) it operate a one phase pump
2) it operate an 3 phase pump

thanks
HNoah

Attachments

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
HNoah,

You really need to provide more information. From your attachment I'm assuming that you want to operate the pumps at different times. Unless the timer itself can handle the single phase pump load (not a good idea) there aren't enought components listed.

If you really want us help to help you, you're going to have help us help you. What is it that you are actually trying to accomplish? What is the sequence of operation (what happens when?)?

williamj

hnoah

Joined Jun 4, 2011
willamj
thanks ,
I have two high pressure pumps (70 par), the first one is drivern by a one phase electric motor and the other is driven by a 3 phase electric motor. I want to use a sepate timer to operate each of them. when I switch the power on - switch key- the the timer will energized the relay to operate the pump for a specified time period say eg 5 mintues , and then it will deenrgize the relay for a specified period of time say for eg 3 mintues. when is pump is operating the green lamp will light and in the stopping period the red lamp will be on. I Just need to know the wiring of the components (twin timer, relay, lamps & the switch key)
HNoah

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
hnoah,

Still need to know the different voltages, light voltage (12v, 24v, - 120v? ac-dc?), coil voltages (timer and contactor) and pump voltages (single phase and three phase). Not good to cross voltage anything.

williamj

hnoah

Joined Jun 4, 2011
williamsj,
thanks again,

Fotek twin timer TDVY-6M =220 VAC
LS RELAY (GMC-18)=AC220V 50l60 hz
lamp=220 VAC
switch= 250 VAC 15A
125 VAC. 20A

Hnoah

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
hnoah,

Specifically we need the "coil" voltages for the timer and the contactor. Generally coil voltages are much lower than "relay" or "contact" voltages.

The reason why relays and contactors came into being in the first place was to control a much larger and more dangerous voltage/current with a smaller and much safer voltage/current. With a contactor you can control a 3 phase 480VAC device with a 12, 24, 48, 90, 120 or even a 220 volt coil. All of which, except for the last two which are generaly AC, can be either AC or DC.

It all makes a very big difference in how the circuit is wired.

williamj