Please help : analogy b/w piezoelectric m/l's and thermal elements

rakesh123

Joined Jan 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

Could you please draw the analogy between Piezoelectric materials and thermal elements.

Any small contribution related to this, would be a great help to me!
(Any suggestions or related published papers or proper solution would be appreciated. Thanks in advance)

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
I'm not having an easy time making that analogy. Piezo means squeeze, electric is obvious. No relation to thermal elements. One generates a short duration voltage (maybe very high) when mechanically shocked, the other converts electricity to heat (maybe very hot) as long as you pay your utility bill.

rakesh123

Joined Jan 26, 2013
Thanks Jaguarjoe for your reply.
I'm sorry I don't understood it properly, Could you please elaborate it.
I am looking for any relationships between piezoelectric m/l and thermal elements?
for example I have 3D Cantilever beam , for which input as Volts and output is displacement. Given data, In this APDL code, I have Piezoelectric stress matrix, dielectric matrix , stiffnessmatrix.
My Aim is to create a 2D canti. beam with thermal elements, in which Temperature as input and output is displacement. I have to use above given data to complete the 2D canti. beam.
In order to this, I trying to create a FE model of piezoelectric materials using analogy with thermal elements. I can make FE model for 2D cant. beam. I have a problems in drawing analogy between peizoelectricmaterials and thermal elements to Complete 2D code? Plz help ! plz guide me..
please Look @ page2 in this http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00170-004-2290-5?LI=true#page-1