Please Explain this Circuit!

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Can someone please explain this circuit? I know that the transistor creates an AC signal and adds more amplification to the output but what does the transformer do?

Thanks!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Our OP may have tried to attach a file that's too large, like I've tried to do about a kajillion times. :rolleyes: ;)

Electronerd, try doing a screen print of the image, and pasting it into MS Paint. Then crop and save it as a .png file; then upload that image.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Ha ha, sorry guys! Yeah, I have this stupid design software that wont let me paste it on here! ARRRGH! So could you guys recommend a good software that's really easy?

Thanks~

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I simply press the (shift) Print Scrn key then paste the screen's image into Microsoft Paint program, crop it and save it as a PNG file. Then I post it here.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
OK, we didn't explain the rest of the process.

From the beginning:
1) View your schematic.
2) Press Ctrl+PrintScreen to capture the image in the paste buffer.
3) Start MS Paint.
4) Press Ctrl+V to paste the image into MS Paint.
5) Crop to suit.
6) Save image as a .PNG file.

7) Open your browser to the forum and/or thread where you want to post your images.

8) Below the "Quick Reply" text box, there's a button labeled "Go Advanced". Click it.
9) In the new screen that comes up, under "Additional Options", click "Manage Attachments". A window will pop up. If it doesn't, then turn off your pop-up blocker.
10) Click the first "Choose file" button on the pop-up window. Navigate to where you've saved your image, and click on it to select it; then click the "Open" button.
11) Repeat step 10, if necessary, up to two more times.
12) Click the "Upload" button.
13) Close the window.
14) Click "Submit Reply".

Once you have some practice with attaching files, we'll show you how to display them right in the thread. However, you need to keep the image narrow enough to fit on a typical viewer's screen, or we'll be scrolling all over the place trying to read the thread.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There is a key on your keyboard labeled "Print Screen". When you press it it copies the entire screen, which you can paste on the graphics program of your choice (I use M/S Paint). Use the .png (prefered) or .gif format to save it, and you now have a file, which you can crop and resize at your whim.

It is a variation of the cut/paste function.

It's what Wookie was trying to describe in post #6.