Please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I was wondering would I be not abiding by the rules if I post on how lame and how under qualified the techs in Maldives are imitating to be Authorized service centers like Sony, Philips, Hitachi and the likes.
I have detail knowledge and in depth information on how bad these service is carried out and how they cheat on customers to make a few bucks.

I want these to be in public domain and want every one to know the level corruption that is degrading the reputation of those few professionals that are willing to do much good to our country.
I though a forum like this can help to spread the words to those respective companies and I want them to take necessary actions, cause I am just one man fighting for what is right.

I have a few witnesses too.

Tell me if this is possible for me here.

Rifaa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
It is not for this site to pass judgement on the conduct of any particular company, therefore I feel that it would be wrong to encourage discussion anything that has not be scrutinised by the appropriate frameworks, legal or otherwise. Have an opinion, but directing allegations, particularly where someone is not in a position to defend themselves and we are not able to verify the validity of the allegations, is not in my view appropriate for discussion on this open forum.

If you have concerns, then there should be appropriate channels in your home country to address them.

Dave

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I thought of that too, thanks any ways.
Still this info is not for judging but rather on how the public's are cheated using other names.
Guess I will find some other way to get the words out.
I was very upset about the fact that I did not get pictures of the item that I repaired when they say that they cannot be repaired due to unavailable spares, but the truth was that they were not qualified enough or don't have the knowledge on how to fix them.
I was able to get a couple CRT's and a few LCD's and DVD players fixed to those upset customers. ( some were like years old stuck in the repair center)
I think I was too occupied in it rather than taking pics.

Rifaa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Still this info is not for judging but rather on how the public's are cheated using other names.
And that is where the readers of this forum must make a judgment - whether what you are saying is correct in light of the fact there is only one side of the argument/debate being presented. I'm not suggesting that your reasons and points are not valid or correct, but we have no way of knowing other than your say-so. There may also be legal ramifications for the allegations which is far beyond the scope of this forum.

So you can see why we don't want to go down this path.

Dave

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Remember that if a company makes a large number of thingies per year, they have a very low cost per piece. It may be that repairing any one given piece would cost more than simply replacing it. Also, with a high rate of turn-around of different models, it would not pay to keep more than a few replacement thingies for any amount of time.

On the bright side, you may have a business opportunity here!

--Rich

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You know they want to out source the products by telling that it cannot be fixed by the company employees even when I can prove that I can fix the broken ones just by using transit damaged goods.
This is where they make big money and this is what I don't want. I am professional and I abide by rules that my customers are entitled to get there items fixed if it is under warranty.
They try every way by, one is holding item's till they get a replacement from the respective company (overseas) when a customer emails that about their product and that respective emails back to the service center to give a new one and they will replace that without a charge.
Second they will hold telling that spares a not available when it is there duty to order the parts but does not.
Third they will try to overcharge the part that customer is willing to buy a new one.
If this is not corruption what is?
You tell me?
I do not what a business opportunity, if I want I can wait till they out source them and still I will be the one capable enough to get them repaired on time, but this will not benefit the people but to the corrupt manager and the likes.

Rifaa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Well you have mentioned company names and made some allegations so we are getting into territory I don't want to get into.

The question you need to ask yourself is are they either acting illegally or in contravention of legislative standards or are they just being disingenuous in providing a sub-standard service. If it is the former and you have a gripe then you should address this via the formal channels; if it is the latter then sadly commercial morals is not a crime and you should accept that even if you find it morally unacceptable.

I think this is potentially straying down a path I didn't want to go down for the aforementioned reasons, so if you have no further queries I will lock this thread.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Here in the USA we have something called the Better Business Bureu, basically a whole bunch of them, one per city. It is funded by the companies themselves, but is independent. Sounds odd, but it works, mostly because no one company owns them. Basically they keep a log that is available on request (online nowdays) of complaints companies have gotten, and whether it was resolved to the customers satisfaction.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I know what you mean Dave, and by posting it I will get you guys in trouble that will take like years of lawsuit . HUH!!
Still there actions are illegal.
and Bill, we don't have those kind of Bureu here.

Thanks guys, I guess I am alone fighting for a course.

You can lock the thread now

Rifaa

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
But keep in mind that I am here for you, if any of you guys come up with a problem respective to the consumer product that I am familiar with. :D

Peace

Rifaa

Status
Not open for further replies.