PLC Module

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I needed a parallel port with XP to run my programmer. All I got was a NEC lap,old one from the dump. Managed to get it work perfectly but the screen is cracked.

I guess now I would need a serial port too.

My workshop one is a server. Bloody thing is fast but no com or LPT's. And most of the software does not run on win7_64bit.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I needed a parallel port with XP to run my programmer. All I got was a NEC lap,old one from the dump. Managed to get it work perfectly but the screen is cracked.

I guess now I would need a serial port too.

My workshop one is a server. Bloody thing is fast but no com or LPT's. And most of the software does not run on win7_64bit.
I have xp 32 bit virtual machine running on my win7 64 bit machine, to support older software. Most will recommend vmware but im using the regular old microsoft virtual machine with no issues.

Also, usb>sserial converters work in most cases, not including some older AB products I'm aware of. Definately worth a try.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ok ...I am waiting for the Chinese to finish the holidays.

Need some parts for the PLC.

So far I got the software and it seems ladder diagram is far too easy than typing codes.

I will post when I get the parts and some pictures if I can.

But this Friday captain called and said the panel caught fire.
I thought....bloody hell, was is it because of me ?
I am just way too careful and check for loose wires every time.

I got relieved when he said the compressor contactor had caught fire and melted.
It wasn't anybody's fault after all.
It could be over time the contacts oxidized and finally over heated. After all, it was a huge 3 phase compressor and it's in a salty environment 24/7. It was is in use for atleast 4 years.

But hey look on the bright side, right. I got another big job...eh!

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I am not gonna work on a fishing boat....Period.
Why not? Maritime experience is a good bullet on your resume. Could lead to an opportunity on a freighter, which could lead to an opportunity on a drill ship, which could lead to writing your own ticket to wherever you want to go in life.