Playstation3 YLOD repair?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys anybody had success with PlayStation3 YLOD red Blinking Repair,
I found this PS3 in the Dumpster,the person that had it before me had this job done and it lasted 1 year,how i know this! it had a sticker on it with the date of the fix.
my repair only lasted 3 months with little use,

i did this repair following these instructions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5fzUrP0pxs

------------------------------------------------------------------------

But i was thinking of trying this one what you guys think?. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yswOQsVRIsk

MABDALLA

Joined Jan 21, 2014
without proper rework experience and thermal profile along with proper equiment…forget lasting a year it wont last a month

this cheap heat gun trick can poetentionally not only damage the chip due to thermal shock usually caused by too much top heat but will warp your board due to insuffecient bottom heating.

let a professional do it www.xmoddz.com

GRNDPNDR

Joined Mar 1, 2012
Not referring to the OP, but I love these people who think they're some kind of genius because they fixed their <Insert Console Here> by wrapping it in a towel and overheating it to dangerous levels, or just doing dumb crap like using a heat gun to fix solder in one spot, but scorching everything else.

I haven't had any experience fixing these, but I've certainly heard some stupid stories.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Well guys,you think i have anything to loose! but i don't,i found this thing in the dumpster and i did the fix and it lasted 3 months, so i could use it for 3 months, now today i did the fix again a deferent way and so far it's running, the fan is running more silent and less heat coming of the Vents, so it was an improvement, how long it will last,yet to be seen? as i said nothing to loose
any time it runs it's a plus since it came from the trash and if it brakes to the trash it goes,who cares, i don't like gaming, a matter fact i hate gaming, so any time that the ps3 is up and running it's a bonus.