plasma clicks but dont turn on

true4

Joined Apr 6, 2011
okay im back guys, i finally recived the 203 trim pot from digi-key, solder it on the main board adj the trim pots to the low setting, plugged in all the boards and started it up, i kno that b4 when i plugged it the Xboard cable from the dc-dc bord with the damaged VA trim pot i was getting a high voltage at 400 ~ 500v, but now the VA volts is at 60~80 v, VS AT 190~220, VSET at 180~210, VSCAN at -160~210, but the VE test point shows .03 v? should be at 80~120v. trying figure what will cuz that problem, i kno that VE Volts is output to the X board, that means that the X board is not working at all. the screens turns on and everything works fine except the screen is still not running with the X board, still not clear the way it should be, what can be wrong with the dc-dc block board, could it be auxiliry power or the transformer or what will cuz it not getting the 80~120v? here is a pic of the DC-DC SMPS Block Diagram. thank you for your help.......

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You show 5 resistors in post #21 that show heat damage. Have you checked them? If they all read about the same, it may be ok (you may need to lift leads), but there must be a reason why they got so hot. Any problems with Q4000 or Q4001?

true4

Joined Apr 6, 2011
You show 5 resistors in post #21 that show heat damage. Have you checked them? If they all read about the same, it may be ok (you may need to lift leads), but there must be a reason why they got so hot. Any problems with Q4000 or Q4001?
no the 5 resistors or good this was the old X Board from previous owner, i installed a new X board,