PIR Sensor With an Alarm

ahuus07

Joined Feb 25, 2007
I would like to create a small compact PIR sensor, that when triggered would set off a short alarm sound in another room of the house. Also possibly make a light begin to flicker or a few seconds. How would I go about doing this? I found the PIR sensor I would like but I do not know how to get the signal from the top of the stairs where the sensor will be to either the living room or my bedroom downstairs. If you need more information just ask me and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

feesoo

Joined Mar 3, 2007
what do you mean by PIR sensor ?? you may use wireless transmitter and receiver in the other hand but it will cost more you a little bit .

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Wireless PIR and reciever kits are available from surplus houses for as little as $40.00US. If that's too much, then running a cable from the PIR to the notification appliance is another option. Be warned that running cable through a finished residence - and having it look good - can often be challenging. Tools that will help include long skinny drill bits and long thin fiberglass rods.

"PIR" = "passive infra red" - its a motion detector.